- How did you get involved in acting?
I needed to work on myself. It was a moment of my life in which I felt that acting was a good way to grow.
- How different is it to act in a movie and to act in a theater play? And which one do you prefer?
The spaces are different. The volumes, the points of view, the muscles…Theatre requires more sacrifice, especially physically. And discipline! This is why I think that theatre is essential for any actor. I don’t prefer one over the other. I’m interested in both. I feel that Cinema is calling me. It trusted me and I won’t disappoint it.
- What are your weak points when it comes to acting? How do you try to improve them?
I would say that my weaknesses are the fact that I still have few experiences, the unawareness of my voice and characterization. I need to work on them. Especially during my everyday life.
- What are your strong points as an actor?
I daresay humility and dedication. From a technical point of view I would like to say the body, the rhythm and the hearing.
- What have you learned from the directors that you have worked with throughout your career?
Martin was, officially, the first director I’ve ever worked with. He taught me, beyond the techniques, the dedication and sacrifices that this job requires. He also showed me how to look at things from another perspective. And that you need to sleep two hours a night.
- What makes a good scene partner?
A good scene partner looks after you.
- What are some of the difficulties of the acting business?
There’s a lot of hard-working people, dying to work their butts off. Dreamers. Despite the difficulties, in particular the financial ones. Nobody notices them, nobody invests in them.
- What’s challenging about bringing a script to life?
Bringing life to dialogues and characters. Making them interesting.
- What do you do when you’re not doing theatre/film?
When I’m not acting, I turn into a seller in the morning. Every morning. To earn my living. I read, listen to a lot of music, cultivate my friendships and the relationship with my girlfriend. And I study too.
- If someone is going to make your life into a movie, who would play you?